For starters, Valorant is a 5v5 character-based tactical FPS hero video game available on Microsoft Windows. The free-to-play game relies on Unreal Engine 4, the best real-time 3D creation engine with excellent graphics and sound for the ultimate immersion. The game's development started in 2014 but was released officially on June 2, 2020.
The gameplay of Valorant
In Valorant, players take the role of agents in attack or defense. The object of the game depends on the mode. At the moment, this FPS has seven modes:
- Unrated: Attacking team must detonate the bomb (Spike). This is a Bo25 match, so the first team to win 13 rounds takes the crown.
- Spike Rush: This is a Bo7 match where all players in attack carry a Spike, but only one Spike can be activated each round.
- Competitive: Teams alternate playing in defense and attack, and a win-based ranking system when players get ranks after five games is introduced.
- Deathmatch: 14 players engage in a nine-minute battle. To win in this mode, players need to get 40 kills.
- Snowball Fight: A Team Deathmatch mode where players need 50 kills to win.
- Escalation: To win in this mode, a team must go through all 12 levels or be on a higher level than the opponent in 10 minutes.
- Replication: The entire team plays as a randomly selected agent in a Bo9 match.